jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Who Should Cry More When One Die – Friends or Relatives?

1. ngureco profile image82
    ngurecoposted 7 years ago

Who Should Cry More When One Die – Friends or Relatives?

2. profile image0
    Phoebe Pikeposted 7 years ago

There is no right answer to that. Emotions of loss are not measured by the amount of tears that are shed. If a friend cries more than a family member, so be it. Everyone deals with that pain differently. Some cry, other yell, sometimes people will bottle emotions... it varies per person.

3. pippap profile image85
    pippapposted 7 years ago

I agree there is no right or wrong answer for this.  Everyone expresses their emotions differently.  My mother recently passed and my father has not shed a single tear; but, I know he is lost without her - it shows in many other ways.  I, on the other hand, have had many good cries - in Safeway, on public transit, in restaurants, etc.

As to the friends or relatives part of your question.  I think there may be friends who were closer to the deceased than some family members.  That's OK!  I have had friends I consider family; and, I have family members that I am not that close to.

Grief is such a personal thing.

4. nimeshgraphic profile image60
    nimeshgraphicposted 6 years ago

friends cry relatives feel this is what happens in India ...............relatives doesn't have that much value and i wont give most worth factors to them