jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

Would you cry if your pet died?

1. Brown-eyed-girl profile image59
    Brown-eyed-girlposted 7 years ago

Would you cry if your pet died?

Recently we lost are pet cat. He had died and I didn't realize how hard it would be to see him pass away. He had real meant a lot to all of us.

2. KristenGrace profile image60
    KristenGraceposted 7 years ago

ABSOLUTELY! I bawled over my cats' passings, and I cried for my guinea pig years ago as well.  Pets become members of the family.

3. Stina Caxe profile image86
    Stina Caxeposted 7 years ago

I would definitely cry.  I get near tears just thinking about it!  Losing a pet can be very difficult.  Just know that you gave your cat a life of love and happiness.  That seems to help.

4. Moon Willow Lake profile image80
    Moon Willow Lakeposted 7 years ago

Yes! I agree animals are a part of the family. We bond with them and each is unique. Once you are past the grieving stage, try to think about how that relationship was one of life's gifts and then celebrate that you had that experience!

5. Tatjana-Mihaela profile image59
    Tatjana-Mihaelaposted 7 years ago

Yes of course - pets are members of family and our friends - it is very natural to cry when we lose them.

6. Seeker7 profile image94
    Seeker7posted 7 years ago

Hi,

I'm 48 now and have had dogs since I was 13. Obviously I have had a few pets. I remember each and every one of them. I cried for weeks when they died and still cry at times even yet!

7. the old woman profile image52
    the old womanposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4602760_f260.jpg

I lost my little Tweaker,a Boston terrier that weighed 9 pounds. I cryed so hard and every day I think about him. There will never be another little man like him. I raised him from birth as his mother couldn't
    Everyday I think of things he used to do and it brings tears to my eyes. My husband cried along with me as he loved his little man.
    We have other dogs but none like my boy.

8. profile image45
    Patricia1958posted 7 years ago

I had my beloved Charlie for 11 years.  I had to put him down after many weeks under a dr. care.  I was okay and held him as the dr. gave him his shot and he closed his eyes and went to sleep.  I held it together until I got out of the room then I fell apart.  My beloved Charlie was wrapped in his favorite blanket and I buried him behind the house.  I can look out my kitchen window and see him everyday. I am comforted to know that Charlie is not far away from me.  He was such a big part of my life.  I still cry thinking about him after 7 months and Charlie would be happy to know that I now have a furry friend again named Brownie.
    Love you Charlie!!!!

9. Kwazzy profile image59
    Kwazzyposted 7 years ago

My wife would, and I'm very scared to get a pet, but I REALLY want one. But id be there for her regardless smile

10. Supercellbaebe profile image60
    Supercellbaebeposted 7 years ago

I cried for weeks when my gold fish died when I was 10!  That's the only pet I've ever had.

11. Journey * profile image86
    Journey *posted 7 years ago

Yes, definitely. I cried so much when my dog died. People love their pets.

12. MPChris profile image78
    MPChrisposted 7 years ago

Yes. I had a husky for a decade when I was younger. I remember he got loose one day, and got hit by a car. I went everyday to the local vet to see him.

working