jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Can someone please tell me what is happening with my tongue?

1. enchanted13 profile image83
    enchanted13posted 7 years ago

Can someone please tell me what is happening with my tongue?

Every once in a while for no reason my tongue feels like it is all cut up and also like it does after you burn it when you've eaten something hot although I haven't. This has happened quite a few times in the past year and no one seems to know why. It is extremely painful and lasts for weeks. Once or twice the roof of my mouth also felt like it had been burned and the roof of my mouth would peel. I am 42 years old and I have Crohn's disease. Does anyone have any idea what this is or why it's happening?

2. jennshealthstore profile image90
    jennshealthstoreposted 7 years ago

I have had that burning tongue happen to me before. It actually gets really red and feels like it is burning hot. It happened to me when I had an allergic reaction to an anitbiotic. Have you taken any medicine lately?

3. enchanted13 profile image83
    enchanted13posted 7 years ago

Well, about 5 months ago I started taking remicade infusions though I'm pretty sure it happened before that time as well.

My tongue doesn't burn, it just feels like theres a million cuts on it and it has that numb feeling like it does after you burn it on something like hot coffee.The same with the roof of my mouth. It feels like it does after I've burned it and it has actually peeled.

4. strutzas profile image59
    strutzasposted 7 years ago

Sounds like an allergic reaction. You might want to consider checking your medications or seeing if you have any allergies to certain foods.

Closed to reply

working