Which of the five senses would you rather live without?

1. Drew nite profile image56
    Drew niteposted 7 years ago

Which of the five senses would you rather live without?

The traditional five senses are sight, hearing, touch, smell and taste, a classification attributed to Aristotle. If you had to pick one, which of the five senses would you rather live without?

2. SteffyRose profile image61
    SteffyRoseposted 7 years ago

If I had to pick one... I think it would be... oh gosh this is hard, first I would have said touch, but then I thought about it and that is most definitely out of the question, why would anyone want to give up the sense of touch, all the beautiful things that are out there waiting to be touched, and to touch you!
    After really thinking about it I think the sense that I would rather live without, if I HAD to pick one it would be smell. I could live without that, as its not as often that I sit there and really have a good smell! I mean I would definitely miss it, but I think not as much as I would miss the other 4 senses!

3. Joni Douglas profile image84
    Joni Douglasposted 7 years ago

That is a tough question to answer. I would have to choose between taste and smell because I rely heavily on the other 3 senses.  It would change my life so much if I had to give any of those three up.  But in giving up the sense of taste or smell, my life might not be as tasty or aromatic as it is now but it wouldn't be life altering.
    I think if I had to choose one to live without, I would also pick the sense of smell.  As long as I could taste the chocolate, I could live without smelling it.