jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What do you take to help mediate a headache?

1. Daniel J. Neumann profile image59
    Daniel J. Neumannposted 7 years ago

What do you take to help mediate a headache?

Be honest. And funny, if you can.

2. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 7 years ago

I don't know if I can be honest AND funny...and least since I do have to leave out the finer points of my favorite way to get rid of headaches. And because I usually get headaches while my husband is at work, so it doesn't do me any good. At any rate, I'll generally ignore headaches until they get to migraine level, then a bit of caffeine, dark chocolate, and a nap in a dark room does wonders. Before I got pregnant I would take Ibuprofen with these other measures in some cases, but now I don't because I don't want them saying, "Oops, we were wrong about the safe amount to take..." a couple years in the future.

3. Shawn Scarborough profile image84
    Shawn Scarboroughposted 7 years ago

I take Excedrin.  It works better for me than other over the counter medications.  Also lying down in a cool dark room helps.

4. Emissionguy profile image84
    Emissionguyposted 7 years ago

If you take excederin with a multivitamin at the same time it works better. My name is Max, I work on cars.

5. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 7 years ago

fresh air and deep breathing.....................................................

6. Ibizabird profile image57
    Ibizabirdposted 7 years ago

Lots and lot's of water! Dehydration and hunger are massive culprits for headaches

7. profile image0
    iamqweenbeeposted 7 years ago

Send my grandchildren home...............................

8. beth811 profile image80
    beth811posted 7 years ago

Splash your head with cold water to cool it big_smile

9. Bluehoop profile image60
    Bluehoopposted 7 years ago

Dried feverfew leaves daily, mixed in with sweet jelly - good remedy for migraines

working