jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

br oke my wrist a year agao still swollen cant do much still painfuli can.t twis

1. profile image44
    june.88posted 7 years ago

br oke my wrist a year agao still swollen cant do much still painfuli can.t twist my wrist only.

pull,been discharge from physio,cant help me no longer,i think ive lost use of limbs do u agree

2. Patty Inglish, MS profile image94
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 7 years ago

A reflexologist may be able to help; they work on hands as well as feet. After a multipli-broken ankle, swelling was a problem for me, but one session with a reflexologist eliminated it. Try one session and see what happens for you; you might need more, but do not give up. Swelling can take a long time to reduce,

3. AdeleCosgroveBray profile image97
    AdeleCosgroveBrayposted 7 years ago

The obvious thing to do is to seek professional medical advice.

It seems strange that you've been discharged your physiotherapist if you've now lost the use of your limb, if this is true.

4. funride profile image69
    funrideposted 7 years ago

Hi June, did you go through surgery? Can you move your fingers? Sometimes after a broken wrist it’s normal to have some stiffness and difficulties rotating the hand. You must believe and be persistent... don’t think you’ll never use your limbs again! Keep exercising them like you did during physiotherapy and try to do all those things you did before (even if you have difficulties at first). If you have more questions about this subject I recommend you ask them on my "Broken Bones | Broken wrists" hub.