jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why are people so obssessed with weight loss? Isn't anyone happy with their body

1. bledsoep profile image75
    bledsoepposted 7 years ago

Why are people so obssessed with weight loss? Isn't anyone happy with their body anymore?

I see a lot of people, especially celebrity women, who look fine to begin with are starting to endorse diet programs on TV. Queen Latifah, Jennifer Hudson, and Sarah Rue have all jumped on this bandwagon and not a single one of them had anything wrong with their bodies before they lost weight. Why is the stick figure considered the perfect female form?

2. sofs profile image80
    sofsposted 7 years ago

Hey , celebrities are not all the women out there.  I know a lot of women comfortable with their bodies, but not with obesity or overweight as it is more of a health concern. I am with mine!! So dont generalize based on a few so general anymore.

3. Tom_Radford profile image63
    Tom_Radfordposted 7 years ago

It's the fashion industry ... they model their clothes on thin women because they hang better (or that's the theory). Thankfully this is beginning to change. Funny really because in the 70's and early 80's it was curvy girls who were popular. This fashion comes and goes, hopefully it will revert back because I much prefer curves and I'm constantly having to tell my fiancee she looks fantastic with curves (when i met her she was very very thin)

4. harrybaguio@hotma profile image59
    harrybaguio@hotmaposted 7 years ago

That's how celebrities make money dude. Just think of them like altheletes constantly training for a game. If you get paid 20 million for looking fit and hot wouldn't you do it? hmmm>?

5. annewhitefield profile image61
    annewhitefieldposted 7 years ago

dont worry. im not like them, im happy with my body. smile

Closed to reply

working