jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why woman gets vomiting while pregnancy and on which month of her pregnancy it s

1. HubMania profile image43
    HubManiaposted 7 years ago

Why woman gets vomiting while pregnancy and on which month of her pregnancy it stops?

Why a woman gets vomiting while her pregnancy and on which month of her pregnancy it stops or it continuous till the baby born. Is there any remedies to stop pregnancy vomiting?

2. KnowledgeSpeaks profile image59
    KnowledgeSpeaksposted 7 years ago

I read that women develop nausea and vomiting (morning sickness) during the first 3 months of their pregnancy because it is a defense mechanism built in the body to protect the vulnerable fetus from foods that may be toxic (not to the mother but to the still very small embryo) during the embryo's most fragile stage of growth. So, foods like onions and broccoli, which are actually "toxic" foods, are really gross to women experiencing morning sickness (which of course can last all day, not just the morning) and they stay away from them.

3. ddsurfsca profile image76
    ddsurfscaposted 7 years ago

I have had three children and each pregnancy was different.  I had no vomiting with the first and with the second pregnancy I threw up every morning until noon for five months.  It is a very individual thing.

4. Lisa HW profile image72
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

Every pregnancy is different, even for the same woman.  Ordinarily, some degree of sickness (ranging from loss of appetite to vomiting) occurs in the first trimester and eases up after that. 

With one baby, I just kind of had no appetite the whole time.  Figuring out what I could eat was a challenge.  With the other one, I wasn't generally sick most of the day; but I'd vomit every day at 3:00 p.m. (like clockwork), and that lasted until he three weeks before he was born.

If women get too sick too often they need to tell their doctor, because dehydration can occur.

5. edwardelward profile image49
    edwardelwardposted 7 years ago

Personally I vomited every day for the whole 40 weeks, well for the last 37 weeks anyway! I vomited through nausea for the first 3 months or so and then I vomited because of really bad heartburn and acid. Rennie helped but I still puked each and every day, certain foods made things worse so keep an eye on what you're eating, for me fizzy drinks and sweet things made the acid worse and therefore made me more likely to be sick. I tried everything to ease the nausea including the ravel sickness wrist bands and eating ginger biscuits, they both seemed to help a little bit.
    I hope you dont get too sick!

6. cgoddard profile image59
    cgoddardposted 7 years ago

Vomiting is caused by many factors, not all of which are known. The most likely causes are increased hormones like hCG and estrogen and the physical displacement of organs that occurs as the uterus grows. The increased estrogen and progesterone also increases the gag reflex, making it sometimes over react to stimuli.  Once the woman's body has a chance to adjust to these changes, the nausea and vomiting usually stop or at least ease a bit, but some women feel these symptoms until delivery. One of the best solutions for nausea during pregnancy is sour or mint flavored hard candy. Ginger is also effective for many women in relieving the symptoms and can be found as a flavor of hard candy. In severe cases, especially when the mother is not able to eat like she should or is loosing weight instead of gaining, the doctor can prescribe medication that might help stop the vomiting.

working