jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Some say exercise, others say diet - What is your formula to stay fit??

1. RishikeshLokapure profile image60
    RishikeshLokapureposted 3 years ago

Some say exercise, others say diet - What is your formula to stay fit??

2. profile image0
    IslamWashiaposted 3 years ago

No relation between being fit and your weight, I think the answer is exercise, you may be thin but weak.

RishikeshLokapureposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Exercise only or exercise with diet?

3. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

I think the answer is a combination of the two. You can be a body builder and not be fit if your health is failing because of improper nutrition. You can eat the healthiest meals know to man and be weak because your muscles aren't getting any exercise.

RishikeshLokapureposted 3 years agoin reply to this

How do you define fit?

2. profile image0
      sheilamyersposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I feel it's important to both exercise and eat the proper food in order to stay fit.

4. profile image53
    Kimberly Lloydposted 3 years ago

Most United States and International Health organizations have a claim for proper weight management programs to advise exercise (increase calorie burning) with caloric restriction. There are also modified diet programs  that support metabolic changes such as to consuming diets that are higher in protein. Protein takes more calories to digest and their biochemical pathways "cost" more energy to burn. A gram of protein costs 9 calories vs. 4 for the "cost" of burning carbohydrate. Diets that encourage "snacks" (healthy and mid calorie) also can contribute to more energy or calories burned in the digestive process. They can also contribute to less sugar spiking (keeping glucose in normal ranges) for brain and other organs. Clinical studies have also shown that calcium intake helps in weight loss, either from dairy or similar products and dietary supplements. K Lloyd M.S. B.S (Biochem, Health Sciences).

working