jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What do you do to ward off your sadness?

1. The Gramicore profile image60
    The Gramicoreposted 7 years ago

What do you do to ward off your sadness?

I know sadness is an unwelcome emotion. There are a lot of (unique) ways to cheer one's self up or at least lift up his/her spirit. What's your unique way?

2. kazemaru2 profile image56
    kazemaru2posted 7 years ago

It helps to do things that make you feel empowered and surround yourself with capable and positive people.

3. keepitnatural profile image71
    keepitnaturalposted 7 years ago

I remember all things that happen, or circumstances that may prevail are in fact for our 'geater good'. Therefore we must recognise the potential positives in such situations, even if initially there seems to be none. There are always new ways of looking at things, which should we choose to see them & embrace them, will result in things turning out better than we could have ever expected in our lives.

4. mandyf profile image65
    mandyfposted 7 years ago

think positively. I also try to imagine the benefits in the long run  from whatever is making sad or angry. positive to every negative if you look hard enough

5. Mary Merriment profile image89
    Mary Merrimentposted 7 years ago

One of the most affective methods I've used was to allow myself a sadness period. I sat down and wrote out all my sad or upsetting thoughts and really laid them out full force. Once I got all the sad and negative thoughts out of my system, I was able to turn my thoughts towards more positive thoughts and results. I found this method much better than attempting to shove aside, covering up or ignoring my sad thoughts. It genuinely felt like I was taking care of and supporting myself!