jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

My stepson is 10 and wets the bed... he wears night pants, has ADHD and I think

1. profile image47
    slatkinsposted 7 years ago

My stepson is 10 and wets the bed... he wears night pants, has ADHD and I think ODD, we were...

sitting on the couch and he had on his night pants and simply said well since I have on my night pants I just went to the RR.. i was livid because I dont understand that behavior, he has also peed twice in my car is there a solution to this or is this part of the ODD?

2. keepitnatural profile image73
    keepitnaturalposted 7 years ago

Maybe, but I think due to the frustration I'm sensing from you in this question (which is quite understandable in situations like this, especially when you don't understand why this is going on), that maybe there is some other underlying problem here.
    I can see how frustrating this kind of behaviour must be, but try analysing your reaction & maybe trying a different one. These things take time but if you have the patience you may find he begins to either confide in you about other issues or his behaviour may change with yours.
    Patience is definitely needed, don't let him sense any anger in you, try giving him more 'positive attention' wherever you can & be calm when these incidences happen. Over time you should get some feedback or result.

3. privateye2500 profile image45
    privateye2500posted 7 years ago

I HOPE you have had him checked out by a Medical doctor because there are several Reasons WHY this happens and it is not only Super embarrassing to the youth; hurts their self-esteem too making all the rest of the troubles he has Worse!

There IS medication for this - old people normally take it but this is not that uncommon of a condition and probably NOT at all related to any *mental* issues.

You are LIVID!  Shame on you!  How can you be angry at something one does while ASLEEP!?

4. profile image47
    slatkinsposted 7 years ago

Well thank u for your response and please just let me make something VERY clear..... Saying that I am or was livid is not shame on anyone

working