jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How can I improve my sleep schedule?

1. profile image49
    jimgreen1221posted 7 years ago

How can I improve my sleep schedule?

I don't like to sleep at all. So my usual tendencies are to go to sleep a 9 in the morning and "wake up" at 8 at night. This would usually be fine for me but it's not for my family. I haven't seen my mom in a couple days and we live in the same house! Lol. I'm trying to reset the cycle but like I said I just don't like to go to sleep at all nor do I like to feel like. I have ADHD and I feel the need to do something 24/ 7 and I feel sleep slows the process down. And when I do try to go to sleep at night, I find myself sleeping for only and hour or two.

2. profile image0
    SilverGenesposted 7 years ago

Sleep disturbances of any kind can have a detrimental affect on your health and there is mounting evidence that those who sleep during the day and work at night are at greater risk of developing serious illness. If you have been diagnosed with ADHD, your doctor should be made aware of the difficulties you are having. If you have not been officially diagnosed, my advice to you is the same - see your doctor.

3. mikedf18 profile image61
    mikedf18posted 7 years ago

SilverGenes - is totally correct about the potential of other problems. I would add one more proviso if I may. Be VERY aware that a family doctor may prescribe drugs that could have dodgy side effects. There are some very good natural practitioners who could help with changes in diet and other things that can also help ADHD and related conditions...

If I may suggest a good book that tackles ADHD and other related conditions that may well help you: Gut and Psychology Syndrome - by Natasha Campbell-McBride. THAT is well worth reading...
    Find it on Amazon or get in touch with me....

4. profile image57
    cellconcreteposted 7 years ago

There's a good trick that I've used a couple of times when I had similar sleeping problems.
    The gist of it is that for a couple of days you try to go to sleep two or three hours later than you would normally. So, after a week or so of doing this you should get to your target sleep cycle. This is much easier than just trying to shift your sleep cycle immediately.
    Hope this helps.

5. Goodpal profile image91
    Goodpalposted 7 years ago

I truly empathize with your problem and would like to point out current technological aids available to solve the problem. It is called Brainwave technology. It is safe, simple, fast, and effective. All you have to do is listen to brainwave entrainment audios designed for inducing sleep and allow yourself to go along with it. They can put you to sleep in less than half an hour. regular listening will have all round effect on your brain and brainwaves where the audios directly operate.

If you have not heard about it, read my hub
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Brain-Wave-Entr … -to-Stress

for preliminary information.

6. profile image0
    vinsanityposted 6 years ago

You need to start shifting yourself back to a normal schedule a little bit at a time. There are foods that make you tired also.

working