jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How to quit smoking in the easiest way?

1. zuhr-akb profile image56
    zuhr-akbposted 7 years ago

How to quit smoking in the easiest way?

2. amesplaza profile image69
    amesplazaposted 7 years ago

I'm trying to quit right now and I've found that leaving my pack in a drawer instead of carrying them with me is helping a lot. I've also done some reading that citrus fruits and juices are helpful the first few days, trying to flush the toxins out of your system.

3. eculligan profile image73
    eculliganposted 7 years ago

Its all mental.  I quit cold turkey and it was easier then anticipated.  First I ripped up my last pack of cigarettes rather then waiting until the pack was gone.  I also drink Alcohol and Coffee and associate more cigarettes with them.  I was afraid that when I quit smoking that I would had to give those up as well.  I decided not to give them up and thought to myself, why would I.  Really, why should you give up things you enjoy because of the cigarette.  The one thing that you are giving up is the cigarette and the cigarette only.  Also, think in your mind how cigarettes stink, and how you hate getting sick in the winter and coughing up all that nasty stuff and hacking. Basically train your mind to hate cigarettes rather then think of how much you miss them.  You are quitting for a reason and that reason is you don't like them.  Good Luck!

4. cockrelle profile image57
    cockrelleposted 7 years ago

I chose to use the nicotine lozenges, except instead of using them as recommended I ate one and soaked in a hot tub of water to relax whenever the craving was too strong, have been smoke free for three years now. Good luck.

working