jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you believe that people really "recover" from addiction to drugs and alcohol?

1. mcrawford76 profile image82
    mcrawford76posted 7 years ago

Do you believe that people really "recover" from addiction to drugs and alcohol?

Do people really fully ever recover from drug or alcohol abuse, or is there always that thought, or that chemical in the brain that could someday lead them to relapse?

2. BodyFaceShop profile image59
    BodyFaceShopposted 7 years ago

For drugs you need more than just that chemical switch in the brain.

The only way to recover from drugs is to visit a clinic.

3. Loveslove profile image58
    Lovesloveposted 7 years ago

I have had a son who took drugs many years ago for most of his teenage years ..he is clean now and has been for 20 years ....he is now married and has a lovely family I am very confident that he will never relapse and I think if a person WANTS to genuinly be free of alcohol or drugs.... then once they have taken the steps to break free.. then they will stay free, but they do need the help and support of those around them...and it does take a lot of love , infinate patience,understanding and strength to stand by a person in that situation.

4. internett1t3 profile image57
    internett1t3posted 7 years ago

Yes I believe so. If they really want to recover from it. It takes a lot of determination, courage and  hardwork.

5. profile image48
    vik482posted 7 years ago

Yes with proper rehabilitation and detoxification one can definitely recover. This rehab and detox should not just be medicinal it should encompass all aspects of one's life. Rehabilitation should be an emotional, psychological and spiritual rehab. Support from family and friends is paramount. As a start detox is essential. http://hubpages.com/hub/Detox-Foods

Closed to reply

working