jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Would you rather be depressed alot of lose a leg? Yeah, I know....but it's still

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image81
    schoolgirlforrealposted 7 years ago

Would you rather be depressed alot of lose a leg? Yeah, I know....but it's still a question

2. holyjeans30 profile image84
    holyjeans30posted 7 years ago

If anyone replies "lose a leg" than they have more serious issues than depression anyway.  I'd rather be depressed all the time. There's easier ways to cope with being off balance mentally, than to be off balance physically.  I'm just sayin.

3. pennyofheaven profile image80
    pennyofheavenposted 7 years ago

Depressed, because you can always come out of depression sooner or later. A legs kinda hard to replace

4. mandyf profile image66
    mandyfposted 7 years ago

lose a leg i have been depressed and it isnt fun hard to come out of depression

5. Sullen91 profile image80
    Sullen91posted 7 years ago

Actually, I would rather have one leg with the precondition that I'm happy than be unhappy with two legs. If you are happy, technically by definition, you are content with your situation.

6. schoolgirlforreal profile image81
    schoolgirlforrealposted 7 years ago

These are all good answers, it's an awful question, but it depends how Bad the depression is. Some people have clinical depression which can last 9 months with no relief. I think (in that case) though it sounds awful, I'd rather lose a leg. Sorry for the awful question, good answers!!

7. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

Depression is often temporary and can often be treated.

Losing a leg is permanent in spite of possibly getting an artificial leg.  Losing a leg could mean losing out on relationships and partaking in many activities.

I've been depressed.

Many would say I'm still depressed... but I've been through a lot of things that have been very, very difficult and I'm above average intelligence so finding anyone who I don't think is a complete idiot is hard and makes it very difficult to find anyone who actually understands me or to whom I can have what I would call an intelligent discussion.

But, in the end, I'd rather be depressed than lose a leg or have any kind of serious body injury.

8. profile image0
    akycrawlerposted 7 years ago

I would rather lose a leg then spend my life being depressed. Of course losing a leg and being depressed could be interesting. Alot of sympathy could be a benefit for those who dwell on these things.

Closed to reply