jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new one

1. Jangaplanet profile image78
    Jangaplanetposted 7 years ago

Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?

2. iamageniuster profile image76
    iamageniusterposted 7 years ago

Probably never be able to make new ones, as the old memories made me who I am today.

3. CARIBQUEEN profile image72
    CARIBQUEENposted 7 years ago

I would like to retain all of my old memories. It gives me a sense of who I am and helps me to treasure the good old days.

4. Ruchira profile image77
    Ruchiraposted 7 years ago

I would like to be able to make new memories and NOT lose any of my old memories. Memories is making me a person since it helps me ponder on what I was and help me make new ones with slight editing here and there smile

5. FaithDream profile image81
    FaithDreamposted 7 years ago

Oh that's a great question.
    If I lost my old memories, I would probably be unaware of who I really am. Most of which has grown from reflective memories.
    If I couldn't make new ones, then what would be the point. So I would say I'd rather never make new ones. I like who I am today & my memories serve me well.
    Thanks for asking.

6. Vivian Gomez profile image60
    Vivian Gomezposted 7 years ago

How would that work? Not being able to make new ones? Would it be like a "Memento" type of situation? I think in that case I would go with the Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind and lose all the old ones.

7. gypsumgirl profile image85
    gypsumgirlposted 7 years ago

I think I would rather lose my old memories and be able to make new ones as the new ones would become the memories I hold dear.  I do cherish old memories but eventually, the new ones made will become old...

Thanks for a great question!

8. plogan721 profile image81
    plogan721posted 7 years ago

I prefer not to lose neither the ability to lose old memories or not have the ability to gain new ones.   This is part of life, but If I had choose, I guess I would have to not make new ones.  Old memories just seem more comfortable for me.   Why would you not want to go home again, unless you had a very bad experience in life in general, like an abusive relationship with your parents. 

To be honest, I have enjoyed all the memories I have made good and bad.   the bad ones are lessons learned.  No one has abused me (at least for what I am not aware of).

9. Vishaaa profile image77
    Vishaaaposted 7 years ago

I wish to erase all my past memories. I don't mind even to lose good memories. I'm sick of my past.

10. Claudin_Dayo profile image60
    Claudin_Dayoposted 7 years ago

can I answer none of the above?? smile
    i love my memories up to date, and I may not finish it well but I'll finish it thankful and satisfied.. . but if could still make new ones to add to what I should be thankful for then why not ! Life's gonna be more meaningful by that

11. Beege215e profile image65
    Beege215eposted 7 years ago

Keep the ones I have would be my choice. They are both fond and frightening, but I know them and they are an important part of who I am.  They tell me where I came from, who I know, what I like and what I do. They are life's lessons learned. I might better live without making new ones.

working