jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is haveing staph infection under the armpit normal?

1. profile image45
    CoraMarieposted 7 years ago

Is haveing staph infection under the armpit normal?

I have a thing under my armpit and I think it may be staph infection, so.. what do I do about it without going to the Emergency Room, or Hospital?

2. almasi profile image59
    almasiposted 7 years ago

You will have to get it checked out because if it is actually a Staph infection, it could develop into a very painful abscess.

3. Vitamin Monkey profile image57
    Vitamin Monkeyposted 7 years ago

Find a dermatologist and get it cultured.  If it is MRSA you need to take action.  MRSA (methicillin-resistant staphlococcus aureus) can appear on the skin but it is actually blood born infection and can travel to deeper parts of your body.  I've found that a topical gel that is highly alkaline can stop the outbreak and they also make a pHenomenal water additive that alkalizes the inner terrain. This is the approach that I've personally seen work.  Don't try the drops or ionizers as they won't do the job as quickly, if at all.  The additive actually absorbs extra hydrogen in your system thereby removing the acidity.  Good luck.  Don't wait.

4. Idude607 profile image59
    Idude607posted 7 years ago

Keep it as clean as possible! You can try to drain it yourself but be careful not to infect other places when draining. Make sure you get all of it out, cause if you don't, it will come back. Hope this helps, be careful!

5. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image59
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 6 years ago

An infection is never normal. It generally does not require emergency care, however, and you should schedule a visit with your primary physician to have it evaluated and treated, if necessary.