jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Nothing to fear but fear itself..

1. Syrusv37 profile image87
    Syrusv37posted 7 years ago

Nothing to fear but fear itself..

What's your greatest fear and what did you do when confronted with it? Do you think your fear controls you or the other way around?

2. Alternative Prime profile image74
    Alternative Primeposted 7 years ago

I had an extreme fear of driving in mountainous terrain, until I got in the car one day and took a solo trip from Sacramento to Lake Tahoe navigating some serious narrow winding roads at some ridiculous altitudes.Ever since then I have no more problems.

Sometimes confronting things really does work.

3. Right On Time profile image61
    Right On Timeposted 7 years ago

My greatest fear (realistically apart from being mauled by a shark or burnt alive) was failure at public speaking. So I confronted that one, and was with some very mean people who helped me not do well with that. And I realised - who cares what they think? I am now comfortable with speaking in public. So yes it is the fear itself, anxiety, which is nothing really.

4. profile image0
    Helpful Hannaposted 7 years ago

I am afraid of becoming ill when I am older and not being able to care for myself.  This fear keeps me active and healthy so as to possibly avoid becoming sick.

5. Rosie2010 profile image75
    Rosie2010posted 7 years ago

I used to be afraid that if I died, my two kids would be left orphans (my husband passed away 5 years ago) and they didn't know how to take care of themselves.. I used to do everything for them.  So I used tough love.. got them their own apartment, paid for the first and last months rent, and said you're on your own.  That was two years ago.. my son was 22, dropped out of high school and refused to work.. my daughter just finished high school and didn't want to go to college.  So they both got jobs and learned to survive, learned to cook, do the laundry and cared for each other.  Now, my son is back to school finishing his high school in adult school because he wanted to be a policeman, and my daughter is planning to go to culinary school.  She makes the best cheesecakes and her co-workers are happy to pay $10 for her cheesecake.  They didn't speak to me for months.  It almost killed me because I missed them so much.  But it worked.  Now I'm not afraid of dying and leaving them alone.  I know they have each other, they are best friends... they will be ok.

Happy New Year!

6. Ashantina profile image62
    Ashantinaposted 7 years ago

Rodents.. in animal and humanoid form.
    Going vegan.. so no more cheese..