jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What do you think is the most effective way to overcome fear?

1. Moon Willow Lake profile image81
    Moon Willow Lakeposted 6 years ago

What do you think is the most effective way to overcome fear?

I know what methods have worked for me, but am interested in learning what has worked for you.

2. Syeda Rahman profile image55
    Syeda Rahmanposted 6 years ago

let it all out. dont keep it inside because if u do, it pops out of no where and its too regret

3. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 6 years ago

By facing it!  By Dealing with it for whatever reason it never goes away just because you don't think about it

4. cathylynn99 profile image75
    cathylynn99posted 6 years ago

i agree that facing your fears is the way to deal with them, but little by little. if you're afraid to drive, you might need to start just by looking at the car you would like to drive. in your next session, sit behind the wheel. a drive around the block might be a major accomplishment. make your steps just big enough so that whatever anxiety you have doing them is manageable. you can always back off to the previous step if you get too activated. sometimes professional help is good to plan a program of gradual exposure. sometimes just imagining doing whatever is a good first step.

5. ginjill ashberry profile image76
    ginjill ashberryposted 6 years ago

The only method besides being in control of our mind and face our fears that i knew would work is by prayer smile

6. mcrawford76 profile image83
    mcrawford76posted 6 years ago

I just stopped being afraid and decided to be awesome instead.

Just kidding.

I always enjoyed not only facing, but overcoming any fears that I had. I spent a good chunk of my life doing just that thing.

7. Taleb80 profile image82
    Taleb80posted 6 years ago

Faith, if you believe in God, you'll trust that nothing can harm you, and when you face problem, you know that it is for your benefit, maybe to make stronger & wiser .etc.

8. atulhost profile image57
    atulhostposted 6 years ago

Do those things which you most afraid of. Try it without thinking about the results.

9. DrMikeFitzpatrick profile image36
    DrMikeFitzpatrickposted 6 years ago

there are two ways. 1. put yourself in the situation of that, which makes you afraid. once you realize your perception (one-sided view of a two-sided event) was based on you experiencing more pain then pleasure was incorrect. second, on paper, you can "balance your emotions" using an exercise of listing the benefits of your fear or event. what are the benefits of.........happening. you can start there and dissolve the event/fear by working through both sides. when you reach a point where you say, "OMG", you may even have a tear well up, you have broke through that item.

10. lambservant profile image92
    lambservantposted 6 years ago

Face your fears head on. It isn't easy, but it works.

working