jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

do you think cancer will be cured in your lifetime?

1. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

do you think cancer will be cured in your lifetime?

is it realistic to think the cure for all cancers is coming soon?

2. yenajeon profile image81
    yenajeonposted 7 years ago

My lifetime, I don't believe so. Maybe in my kids' lifetimes!

3. profile image0
    reeree10488posted 7 years ago

It depends if the condition is good enough to cured.

4. profile image0
    Steve RNposted 7 years ago

cancer can be cured.. it depends on the severity and area where the cancer has grown. as for early detected cancer surely it can be cured. But for late stage cancers and those that metastasize to other body organs may not be cured.

5. Loveslove profile image59
    Lovesloveposted 7 years ago

I certainly hope so...many cancers can be potentially cured if diagnosed early ..I do hope that a cure for all is found real soon, like many  other people I have lost a lot of friends to Cancer of one kind or another and currently have a friend in a hospice  terminally ill and another with lung cancer which was found early and she is in remmision....so although I personally dont think a cure will be found in my lifetime  it doesnt stop me hoping with all my heart that it will be.

6. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

I'm not well and don't expect to live more than a couple more years so, no.  But I expect many cancers will become preventable and even cured in the next 50 years if the human race is still here.  I don't really expect a bright future for humans.  Oil will be mostly gone, water in short supply and food scarce by 2050.

7. keepitnatural profile image72
    keepitnaturalposted 7 years ago

Cancer can be cured, I have written a few hubs on this subject. Sometimes, however, it is too late to save a person but this is usually down to the damage caused to their body by repeated chemotherapy treatments, they just become too weak.

8. Mrs asif profile image59
    Mrs asifposted 7 years ago

Cancer can be cured depends upon the organ involved and the stage at which the cancer is diagnosed.Overall cancer treatment increases survival time example breast cancers can be completely cured by surgery if diagnose in early stages.

9. ZaneZenMaster profile image52
    ZaneZenMasterposted 7 years ago

Read my Blog: http://zanecarmichael.com/2010/05/10/ho … of-health/

There's your answer. Don't forget to watch all the videos!!!

10. arizonataylor profile image84
    arizonataylorposted 7 years ago

Many forms of cancer are already being cured.  The problem with curing cancer is that different types of cancer respond to stimuli in different ways.  No, I do not believe that all kinds of cancer will be cured in my lifetime.  Having lost family members to different forms of cancer, I wish I could be more optimistic.  That being said, we'll continue to progress, learn more, and treat different cancers with better treatment.  Ultimately, we'll continue to save more and more lives.

11. C.V.Rajan profile image78
    C.V.Rajanposted 7 years ago

If my cancer is cured but my life time gets over, what's the fun?!

12. What Is Q profile image80
    What Is Qposted 7 years ago

I'm counting on it. That's why I haven't quit smoking.

working