jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What are some of the ways you sneak exercise in to your everyday routine?

1. Moon Willow Lake profile image75
    Moon Willow Lakeposted 7 years ago

What are some of the ways you sneak exercise in to your everyday routine?

2. garyyoungberg profile image60
    garyyoungbergposted 7 years ago

My routine includes watching the news and running on the treadmill.  At least I can get a half hour in that way.

3. PinotsHub profile image59
    PinotsHubposted 7 years ago

started working out first thing in the morning, no excuse of being to tired after work, no excuse of plans coming up, i feel the morning is the one thing you have the most control of.  Most Gyms open at lease by 6am, so even if you have to start getting ready at 7am,  you can still get an hour work out in

4. Goodpal profile image92
    Goodpalposted 7 years ago

Give importance to exercising; it will automatically find a place in your routine. Still if you find no time, practice mindfulness and train to stay connected to breathing. This keeps mind clear and doesn't allow stress to pile up.

5. petulantM profile image82
    petulantMposted 7 years ago

I walk as much as possible, weather permitting, to and from work.  I take the stairs whenever possible and walk up or down the escalator instead of standing in place.

6. ttrash profile image57
    ttrashposted 7 years ago

I agree with petulantM, walking is just about the only way I ever get exercise! Walking to and from uni and between classes adds up to about an hour of light exercise a day.

7. L a d y f a c e profile image79
    L a d y f a c eposted 7 years ago

I stay home with my 1 year old, and have a gym downstairs. SO, in the morning when I get up to make my husband breakfast, if he's not up by the time I'm finished, I run, or get in a good weight workout. If he HAS woken up, I work out when he goes down for a nap smile
    Sneaky sneaky.

8. thebluestar profile image79
    thebluestarposted 7 years ago

Pretend that the dog is more restless than he is, poor dog, I walk his paws off.

9. EssyRedfield profile image60
    EssyRedfieldposted 7 years ago

When I'm sitting at my desk I like to suck in my tummy to try and make it as thin as possible. It really works your core (and makes your waist thinner :-)