Is LOVING seen as a Fool's way of living in today's Society? And, why?

1. patrickmbishop profile image58
    patrickmbishopposted 7 years ago

Is LOVING seen as a Fool's way of living in today's Society? And, why?

I posed this question because it seems as though everyone is AFRAID of LOVE or being in LOVE. Vulnerability seems to be a sign of weakness, but with no vulnerability there is no True LOVE. The one that LOVES seems to be looked at as a Fool in the eyes of others today. I'd like to know your thoughts on this...

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4488203_f260.jpg

2. framistan profile image58
    framistanposted 7 years ago

Love is a GIVING thing.  Modern love is not love... its true name is INFATUATION, which is a TAKING thing.  Unfortunately, our society is getting more disconnected from each other because of all the cellphones and other gadgets... TV's in every room.... computers... handheld games... etc.  It is a great tragedy that young people don't INTERACT anymore with others.  It is a greater tragedy that few people can sense that something is wrong.   Where will all this end?  I am reading a book (a true story)... that might give that answer.  "The Mountain People" by Colin Turnbull tells the story of the Uganda tribe called the "IK" people.  They were removed from their natural forests and are starving in the mountains.  They have no regard for each other not even their own children.  They steal each other's food even from the elderly and sick.  They laugh at each others misfortunes and defecate on each others doorsteps.  I am not finished with the book but that looks like what we are heading towards, with MUCH LESS provocation than starving to death!  Just greed. By the way, did you know the opposite of love is not hate... it is INDIFFERENCE...(like saying "I don't care.") .  You are right Mr Bishop.  When love is turned into a TAKING thing, the person who GIVES love is looked upon as a fool.   Jesus predicted this in the Bible.  He said, "(in the last days), because lawlessness will abound, the LOVE of many will grow cold."  Matthew 24: 1 thru 24

3. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 7 years ago

Human beings are lost and do not know who they are. This is the answer. Every human being is LOVE PEACE FREE to the core of their being. GOD will reveal it to them like he has done for me and told me to spread this message around the world. Be love be peace be free. Just be it. Plain and simple. Every human being can be this in their life on earth. This foundation for human beings will stand forever in the course of time and eternity which does exist side by side in the universe.

working