jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What do you do when life gives you lemons?

1. mrod profile image70
    mrodposted 7 years ago

What do you do when life gives you lemons?

I would like to know what hubbers do when life takes a turn on the sour road.
    Do you pray? Do you punch pillows? Do you go sleep a 24 hr cycle? A warm bath? Or do just go curse the whole world out, to later put your foot in your mouth? C'mon be honest.

2. Anita.. profile image57
    Anita..posted 7 years ago

Honestly....in a world like todays...most of us have life taking turns on sour roads. I believe its everyone's individual attitude and the way you approach a situation will make a lemon less sour or more sour. I agree many people pray and many punch pillows.

Like happy days don't last forever, I believe sour days also don't last forever so handling the sour days in a better way and making the most out of it is the best way to go.

What do I do....I cry, I laugh and I give it a thought to make sure in the days I have in life, I don't repeat the mistakes to have more sour days..

Hope u like my answer and if u do, please read my article

http://hubpages.com/hub/Are-you-going-t … -your-life

3. Storytellersrus profile image79
    Storytellersrusposted 7 years ago

I do Yoga!  Walk the dog.  And pray.

Okay, that answer is too short, evidently.  I do Yoga, seriously.

4. mrod profile image70
    mrodposted 7 years ago

Nice ways to cope with sour days, guys. Hey, I like that, walking the dog is very relaxing. Some opt to kick their dogs, instead, when they are frustrated. Meditation and prayer are very passive and healthy ways to deal with stress. Keep it up!

5. Ruchira profile image77
    Ruchiraposted 7 years ago

When life gives me lemons...i tend to go back a step by the shock of it and definitely skip a few heartbeats but then I think of all the underprivileged people and it makes me thank of all that I have and can still be happy.

In short, prayers and gratitude makes me feel content of my present situation and hopeful that my day/time will come smile

6. tysanders profile image60
    tysandersposted 7 years ago

I pray. Take a deep breath. And then I ask myself is the stress of this situation going to matter 1 year from now? If the answer to that question is no I let it go and get on with my day.

7. SeenButNotHeard profile image59
    SeenButNotHeardposted 7 years ago

I write poems, listen to loud music, or read books to forget about the world for a little while and I feel better once I'm calmed down

8. starbright profile image83
    starbrightposted 5 years ago

It really all depends how sour the lemon is and the situation. Generally when life presents me with a lemon or two, I tend to be quiet for several hours while working out what to do with the situation.