jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you think you would achieve your ultimate happiness if you got everything you

1. maticmagister profile image58
    maticmagisterposted 7 years ago

Do you think you would achieve your ultimate happiness if you got everything you wished/hoped for?

2. IslandVoice profile image76
    IslandVoiceposted 7 years ago

Most everything people want, like fame, fortune, a new toy or finding the right partner does not, or ever guarantee happiness. Things, and relationships don't make us happy. We choose to be what or who we want to be, happy, content, or otherwise. Human nature, unless disciplined, keep wanting more. That is the cause of unhappiness.

3. wordspiller profile image55
    wordspillerposted 7 years ago

I feel that a great deal of happiness in life comes from the planning and gradual achievement of goals and dreams. If we had everything we wanted we would lose that joy of dreaming about, "What if...?"  I've never yearned for the Midas Touch, but am content with the dreams I've accomplished and learn lessons from those that didn't.

4. Lisa HW profile image74
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

I know I would be.  LOL

As it is, my life has in it what matters most to me, so I'm "deep down" happy.  I'm just not all that thrilled with a lot of the more superficial aspects of things.  So, if (when, maybe) I get everything I would wish or hope for (or accomplish) - yes, I'll be pretty darned happy.    smile

working