jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)

Has reading your own poetry ever made you cry?

1. mcrawford76 profile image84
    mcrawford76posted 6 years ago

Has reading your own poetry ever made you cry?

2. HighGuy420 profile image57
    HighGuy420posted 6 years ago

no but i find reading it and writing makes me feel good. I guess it's justing getting it off my chest. I dont think i ever have cried reading a poem. i have felt many things but never crying.

3. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Yes, I enjoy going back and rereading it--mostly because I know what emotions were behind it when the piece was written.

4. profile image0
    kikkibabeposted 6 years ago

Yes sometimes as i remember all the memories that come from my poetry and it can be very painful but also its a good way to express how your feeling.x

5. ii3rittles profile image83
    ii3rittlesposted 6 years ago

I have cried while writing and it was some of my best poetry because my emotion was literally dripping onto the paper.

6. Ashantina profile image60
    Ashantinaposted 6 years ago

Yep. Because of the experience.... and the pain of it..... penning it to paper makes it real again.... but its healing.

7. TIMOBILE profile image59
    TIMOBILEposted 6 years ago

Yes.
    It happened a while ago after writing a poetry advising a set of people. I did do what I advised against. It was very painful when I read that poetry later and felt very saddened.

8. Nrjsh profile image66
    Nrjshposted 6 years ago

Yes, because reading my own poetry reminds me how I had felt at that point.

9. ttagpine profile image79
    ttagpineposted 6 years ago

Yes. Almost all of my poetry is in the form of love poems to my wife. Last year she passed away. I'm still having a hard time adjusting to life without her.

10. profile image0
    JadedLoveposted 6 years ago

yes, but only because reading it makes me relive the feelings of what i went through

11. saddlerider1 profile image69
    saddlerider1posted 6 years ago

Of course, often. One can not be a poet without shedding a tear for what he/she writes. Poetry is life, living, dying and life's experiences.

12. days leaper profile image80
    days leaperposted 6 years ago

Only when no-one else will read/buy it!!!

13. seicheprey profile image60
    seichepreyposted 6 years ago

I've never cried, but I've gotten emotional re-reading them.  I have this huge mental block against tears.

working