If it is because of Scotch or Wine the previous night then a chilled beer earlier next day is the best cure....Else butter milk is also a very good option...
1. Sleep. Rest is your best friend at this point to give your body a recover. It is best to stay in bed so call in to work if you have to, tell them you have the stomach flu. You will sound so horrible on the phone they may believe you (unless they saw you at the bar, not a good idea then).
2. Replenish your body with fruit juice and water.
3. Avoid caffeine. A weak cup of coffee may be okay but a lot of caffeine will continue to dehydrate you, the opposite of what you want right now.
4. Drink orange juice for Vitamin C.
5. Drink a sports drink like Gatorade or Powerade.
6. Eat mineral rich food like pickles or canned fish.
7. In Poland, drinking pickle juice is a common remedy.
8. Drink a Bloody Mary. While the popular phrase “hair of the dog that bit you” may sound logical with a shot of whiskey left in the bottle next to your bed, it’s only temporary. Try a Bloody Mary instead, while your blood is dealing with the new alcohol it is ignoring the old and in the mean time tomato juice and celery are full of vitamins. If you drank the last of the vodka make a Virgin Mary. Another spicy morning after drink option is Hair of the Dog, in which gin and hot sauce are sure to bite your hangover back.
9. Take a shower, switching between cold and hot water.
10. In Ireland it was said that the cure for a hangover is to bury the ailing person up to the neck in moist river sand.
For me the best cure is to drink a beer mixed with tomato or Clamato juice.
Dont drink in excess to start with then you wont have a problem !!
Vitamin B. I know people who take a shot of a specific blend of Vitamin B's just after their done drinking and again in the morning to prevent the hangover from even hitting them.
Maybe this will help:
by PoeticLee7 years ago
What is the quickest, and best cure for a hangover?
by Alan6 years ago
What is your best cure for a killer hangover?
by PhoenixV5 years ago
What Is The Best Way To Avoid A Hangover?What Is The Best Way To Avoid A Hangover? What can you do before drinking that will lessen the chances of a hangover?
by Simone Haruko Smith6 years ago
What is the simplest way to cure a headache?I know it is good to drink water... is there anything else one can do aside from the obvious 'take some pain meds' option?
by John Villa7 years ago
What is the best way to get rid of a hangover?
by dappledesigns5 years ago
What is the best thing to eat when you have a hangover?I've heard greasy food is best and I've heard others say all healthy salad and veggies work better.
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.