jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How do you fall asleep?

1. yenajeon profile image80
    yenajeonposted 7 years ago

How do you fall asleep?

and deeply? Whenever I get into bed it always takes at least an hour before I fall asleep, even though I'm really tired. Any tips on sleeping better?

2. AMSpace profile image66
    AMSpaceposted 7 years ago

Personally, I let my mind wander - things I've done that day, what I'm going to do tomorrow, what I'd like for dinner etc. Idle things. Before I know it, I'm asleep.

Sometimes, relaxing your body can help. Consciously thinking of your muscles relaxing, the tension draining from each body part in turn - feet, calves, thighs, arms and so on. Once I've done that for my entire body, I feel incredibly comfortable and consequently find it easier to fall asleep.

3. Ashantina profile image60
    Ashantinaposted 7 years ago

Its sounds like you've got alot of extra energy. Maybe you could try exercising, that should get you tired by the end of the day.
    so 'how' do I fall asleep..?!? I just lay back into my super soft sheets and caput, I'm gone.I've never had a problem falling asleep, but I do have a problem waking my butt up!

4. framistan profile image57
    framistanposted 7 years ago

Don't drink any caffeine drinks (coffee cola hot-chocolate) after 6PM in the evening.  Don't lay in bed thinking about worries or problems... instead think of UN-EMOTIONAL things such as recipes you want to make... the motorcycle you are re-building...  the art piece you are making...etc.   

SOUND.  small sounds in the room can keep you awake... such as neighbor closes his car door.  cat meows in yard. crickets chirp... THE CURE is to mask those sounds  with a "sound-machine"  It is just a little radio-clock thing that they sell everywhere and it has settings for playing "raindrops", waterfall, or other soothing sounds.  I use the one that sounds like a constant waterfall.  Small room noises no longer wake me up.

LIGHT... If you can't make the room totally dark, then use something to cover your eyes... a scarf or a specially made eye shade thing. 

Those things should cure 90 % of anyones sleeping problem. If the spouse snores like a LOCOMOTIVE... you will need 2 FEATHER pillows.  No other kind will work (trust me on this).  Place one on each ear.  It won't make the snoring in-audible... but makes it TOLERABLE.

5. Midnight Oil profile image79
    Midnight Oilposted 7 years ago

According to my wife, I must hold the world record for falling asleep the quickest, and sometimes she reckons I am sleep before my head touches the pillow. 

No special gimmicks or routines, I just let go. I totally surrender to what every my body & mind wants to do.  When I am tired, I know my soul or mind is needed in my dreams or the other reality or what or where ever it is, so why fight it, just let it go and you will sleep quicker and deeper and wake more refreshed.

6. ghzaal profile image57
    ghzaalposted 7 years ago

I fall asleep easily when i recite those supplications taught by prophet muhammad saw. so beautiful supplications. for more easy methods to soon fall asleep:
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Our-Memory-Take … ring-Sleep

7. davecurtis profile image60
    davecurtisposted 7 years ago

Usually I stay awake really late like 2-3am and by then I can just jump into bed and fall asleep in a few minutes.