jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

In life what is more important to you ? Having a carreer or having a family?

1. Jangaplanet profile image77
    Jangaplanetposted 7 years ago

In life what is more important to you ? Having a carreer or having a family?

2. dingdondingdon profile image56
    dingdondingdonposted 7 years ago

Having a career, so I could provide for any family I might have.

3. Zubair Ahmed profile image78
    Zubair Ahmedposted 7 years ago

Having a family is more important to me,i guess we are all wired differently and would most likely favor one to the other.

I feel as long as you have a job that pays well enough to maintain your standard of living then you should focus more on family then increasing your career profile at the detriment of having a good family.

4. earnings33 profile image38
    earnings33posted 7 years ago

For you question i will prefer the career because if you have a job then you can fullfil all the expenditures of the family with money that you earn but if you don't have any job or if you are jobless and you say you will fullfil the expenses of family then its almost impossible because if you need family then you must realize the needs of the family first after that you will come to know that really without job nothing is possible and to finnnish the frustrations in life you must have a good career as well.

5. Ashantina profile image60
    Ashantinaposted 7 years ago

My career is something that gives me a reason to be.. it is my contribution to the world, my purpose.
    Having a family would be equally important to me.
    Good question. Cant choose.

6. Moon Willow Lake profile image80
    Moon Willow Lakeposted 7 years ago

I've got to go with family! They are who emotionally support you when dealing with the day-to-day of a job/career. Work/life balance is so important and a family helps make that possible. (In my humble opinion.)

7. onegoodwoman profile image77
    onegoodwomanposted 7 years ago

Having had both.............

I can tell you that my "career" never sent me a birthday wish, brought me a flower for the dinner table, never listened to me when I questioned myself........

Family...........if you don't have them, a career just is not that rewarding or sustaining.   A career will not welcome or encourage new growth.

I would trade all of my tomorrows to have my children under my skirt tail just one more day..........

Hindsight is a terrible price to pay.

Closed to reply

working