jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is it normal for men over 45 to have decreased desire and drive? Inquiriing mind

1. freshlaundry71 profile image60
    freshlaundry71posted 7 years ago

Is it normal for men over 45 to have decreased desire and drive? Inquiriing minds would like to know

2. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

i'm 46 and i don't think i have lost my desire or drive. i see it happening to some people but i believe that if your with the right partner, you don't lose anything , you just get to the point where it's not just about orgasming but more about the pleasure that gets you to that point.

3. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 7 years ago

I think that it is common for some older men to have decreased drive, but I think it has to do with health more than age. For instance, I was with my first husband from the time he was 21-27. He weighed between 350 and 400 pounds the entire time we were together and had Type II diabetes. I met my husband when he was 49 and he's now almost 52, and his drive has always been a lot higher than my ex's...but he was also always athletic until his knees wouldn't allow it, stays very active, and weighs about 210 pounds on a frame almost 4" taller than my first husband. I think the only thing that really ties age to sex drive is that the longer you live, the less likely you are on average to be healthy.

4. ValerieH profile image60
    ValerieHposted 7 years ago

I guess it depends on how much over 45. The older a man gets the more likely he may get erectile dysfunction and it may not even have to do with his age but it could be caused by medication as well.

5. freshlaundry71 profile image60
    freshlaundry71posted 7 years ago

to nightwork4: Thanks for the candid answer. It does make perfect sense that as we age we take the time to savor moments with our lovers.

working