jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Easy First Aid tips that everyone should know

1. Princessa profile image83
    Princessaposted 7 years ago

Easy First Aid tips that everyone should know

2. webguyonline profile image53
    webguyonlineposted 7 years ago

i think one of the most important thing when doing first aid is to ensure that you have first aid kit. :-)

3. terry59 profile image57
    terry59posted 7 years ago

1. Check for any danger to yourself or person you are treating.
    2. Check for any responses from the person i.e. movement, speech etc.
    3. Check airway is clear.
    4.  Check the person is breathing.
    5. Check for any severe bleeding or severe burns.
    6. Check for any broken bones.
    7. Get help ASAP 911, 999 or whatever your emergency number is.
    These are the basics when dealing with an First aid situation, there is no need to check for circulation, if the person is breathing regularly then they will have a circulation. If at any point you find a problem "Stop" and deal with that problem then carry on.
    A good well stocked First Aid kit is always handy to have too, but no medication just in case the person you are dealing with is allergic to any medication and they can't tell you.

4. That's the way profile image66
    That's the wayposted 7 years ago

terry59 said it all, but I would suggest that step 7 (get help) should be on the first place.

5. iantoPF profile image80
    iantoPFposted 7 years ago

Here's a useful tip if you are so unfortunate to have a heart attack and there's no one around to help. Cough!! and cough as strongly as you can.The act of coughing forces air into your lungs when you breathe in and the cough squeezes your heart. This can give you the time necessary to get help. Keep coughing until professional assistance arrives.

6. barryrutherford profile image75
    barryrutherfordposted 7 years ago

Basic first Aid is something everyone can learn here are a few basic tips. read more

7. jpcmc profile image89
    jpcmcposted 5 years ago

You don't need to be a medical professional to save lives.  By learning the essential first aid, you can help the p[eople youu love. read more

working