jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Have you ever used exercise supplements? An example in this case is creatine.

1. Bronson_Hub profile image61
    Bronson_Hubposted 7 years ago

Have you ever used exercise supplements?  An example in this case is creatine.

Which supplements did you try and did they work based on your personal experience?

2. Bendo13 profile image80
    Bendo13posted 7 years ago

I would say my favorite supplements are creatine, glutamine and whey protein... They've all helped me boost my gains in the past and there are plenty of studies to back the supplement claims.

3. jbettauer profile image60
    jbettauerposted 7 years ago

when im trying to gain weight i use a protein shake with lots of carbs, i gained 15 pounds this year in a month or so from that. wrote a hub on that if u want to check it out: http://hubpages.com/hub/Proper-Nutrition-For-Training

4. profile image66
    Ciaranmposted 7 years ago

I've used creatine several times and found it to really help, along with protein supplements after. I wrote a hub covering how creatine actually works if you wanna check it out. http://hubpages.com/hub/BodyBuilding-Th … tive-Guide

5. rlaha profile image68
    rlahaposted 6 years ago

I have never tried exercise supplements like whey protein shakes, creatine and glutamine.  I don't honestly have enough knowledge about these supplements so I haven't had the urge to try them as yet.  This is a great question!

6. Gregoryy profile image60
    Gregoryyposted 5 years ago

I do not use creatine, whey, glutaine, or other typical work out supplements. I do take multi vitamins at times. I also used to take Zinc Gluconate it imrpoves energy, concentration, blood cells, and it even increases your immunity.. I may start using it again. For my protein shake I like to use 1/2 gallon of milk at Trader Joes this costs 1.99. The first summer after high school by consuming a loaf of bread from the dollar store and half a gallon of milk every day with weight trainingevery day  I gained about 25 pounds in a month. Since then I have read many books, and have learned that muscle size does not alwyas= muscle strenth so now I am much lighter, and skinnier. Supplemeents are not reuqired for muscle size. Tou biuld muscle size you often need excess calories, easier to obtain with carbs, you also need a good amount of protein. By the way Milk does contain small amounts of Whey,and Creatine as well as Calcium, Vitamins, and some other nutrients normal potein shakes do not contain. Meat contains creatine as well.