jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Has your life turned out the way you expected?

1. Ashantina profile image59
    Ashantinaposted 7 years ago

Has your life turned out the way you expected?

2. badegg profile image77
    badeggposted 7 years ago

No, not really. I am not as well off as I hoped to be, but I am not in prison either!

3. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

no. i used to think that life would be a lot harder for me as i got older. i've done pretty well , so i'm happy with the results.

4. mikielikie profile image66
    mikielikieposted 7 years ago

You know what?...It hasn't turned out like anything I expected. When I was 5 I wanted to be a preacher. Then around 10 I wanted to play the violin. Between then and now I have wanted to be all kinds of things like , single, marreid, rich, rich, not poor. I have wanted to be a singer and songwriter. I've always wanted to be the bad boy that all the girls wanted but souldn't. (I think I'm pretty nice.)  I think that the only thing thats changed is .... well.....me. None of its played out like I dreamed but I got a great family; Im not broke, but Im not rich. I can sing ( In the shower). far from the whole preacher thing but I'm gonna go to church today. When your 10 your mom and dad wont get a violin cause food is more important. Im married. All in all, Im pretty glad that my life has turned out like it has.

5. TinaTango profile image67
    TinaTangoposted 7 years ago

not so far...but then again I'm only 20 years old.

6. lilibees profile image61
    lilibeesposted 7 years ago

Nope not even close, but I would not have it any other way!

7. ConstantineNguyen profile image60
    ConstantineNguyenposted 7 years ago

You ask a question that is similar to does fate always give you what you want ? I think fate or destiny is just a part of how you are today....just 50 %, the rest is by your effort. You can choose a path to go and so life will turn that way you expect !

8. Rmaley profile image59
    Rmaleyposted 7 years ago

Not at all, but then again, I'm not sure what I expected.  I've had some great and some less-than-pleasant times that weren't even on my radar a few years ago.  Besides, think how boring it would be if life DID turn out that way.

9. sonia05 profile image60
    sonia05posted 7 years ago

not at all but still i am not complaining for the simple reason that i never expected to find love but i got true love. God has been kind to me in this respect and i am so very thankfull!!! Life has not turned the way i wanted it to be. I had wanted so many things but got very different things. Thats destiny,i suppose!

10. Globetrekkermel profile image77
    Globetrekkermelposted 5 years ago

I have not assigned myself lofty expectations to be disppointed in life and I am glad I did because that made the road far  easier to trod.And the answer to the question is: A BIG YESSSSS!!!!. LIFE HAS TURNED OUT WAY MORE THAN WHAT I EXPECTED.I got more than what I bargained for,  sometimes, I pinch myself.I have been given a lot more than what I think I deserve.For that , I am extemely grateful.AMEN!

working