Does high self-esteem personally affect your weight?

1. tbartle profile image60
    tbartleposted 7 years ago

Does high self-esteem personally affect your weight?

For those of you with high self-esteem, I was wondering: do you have a hard time losing weight? I run into this problem. I'm so satisfied with myself already that I don't feel the need to lose weight that people with lower self-esteem might have. I like myself! So why change?

Does this happen to you, too?

2. Virtual Treasures profile image69
    Virtual Treasuresposted 7 years ago

I'm not sure if it is high self-esteem, but I can see your point.  If you like yourself, that is great, but what I've found is that my self-esteem directly affects if I can lose weight easily or not.  When I feel happier with myself, I seem to kick the ugly self-pacifying habit of eating unhealthy, so I lose weight easier.

3. Theresa Collins profile image57
    Theresa Collinsposted 7 years ago

I think that falls into the fact that, "You Become What You Think About!"  If you feel good about yourself, you'll look good to your self.  If you feel fat and ugly, you will see fat and ugly.  I do believe in mind over matter and I do believe that you can "think yourself thin" or on the contrary you can think yourself fat as well.  I learned a long time ago to stop negative talk about my weight, and believe it or not, I have lost about 35 lbs without trying. So, yes, I believe with higher self-esteem, you can loose weight. It is all about what thoughts you harbor in your mind.

working