jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

How do you deal with low self esteem?

1. tgopfrich profile image79
    tgopfrichposted 6 years ago

How do you deal with low self esteem?

2. Sherry Hewins profile image97
    Sherry Hewinsposted 6 years ago

That's a hard question. I think you put one foot in front of the other, try new things, learn. Try to be someone you can be proud of. Stand up for yourself. Surround yourself with people who build you up instead of dragging you down. I hope this is helpful.

3. hanamolnar profile image57
    hanamolnarposted 6 years ago

To deal with low self esteem you have to think to yourself you are unique and no one is exactly like you. Think about the good things about you and what you can offer to other people that is good. I just posted a hub about self confidence if you read that it might help you it talks a little about self esteem and i feel that it could help you a little bit.

4. profile image0
    PWalker281posted 6 years ago

I think an effective way to raise self esteem is to love yourself unconditionally.

5. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 6 years ago

Don't have it.

6. LiamBean profile image88
    LiamBeanposted 6 years ago

Personal insights from the author about how to deal with low self-esteem. read more

7. profile image0
    TrinityCatposted 6 years ago

My method may seem narcissistic: I look myself in the mirror when I can. It helps me realize that I'm not as ugly that others mention, I'm unique in my own way and I have to learn on how to love myself first before loving someone else. I'm not perfect, but then again no one in flesh really is. I have my ups and downs, but I know I'm worth the time. I just have to repeat to myself these things when I doubt myself. It's an unfortunate struggle as a result of allowing myself to be hurt, instead of standing up and be courageous.

If you have someone with low self-esteem, don't pity. Help them by supporting them and giving them words of compassion AND motivation. wink

8. profile image55
    shorty72posted 6 years ago

If someone you know suffers with low self-esteem I think helping them realise that they are liked and have alot of good qualities they soon will find themselves liking who they are.
    I help children that have low self- esteem and I tell them what their good qualities are and how they can do great things in their lives. When they acheive a goal I tell them how proud I am of them.

I hope this helps.