jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Has anyone had a terrible chest pain in the middle of their chest for more than

1. mariefromsf profile image54
    mariefromsfposted 6 years ago

Has anyone had a terrible chest pain in the middle of their chest for more than a year.?

I have had this horrible pain in the middle of my chest for almost two years.  The doctor says I am in perfect health so it must be psychological.  I'm willing to accept this, but how can I fix it?

The pain is real and never goes away.  I don't talk about it because people are going to get sick of me complaining about the same thing.  Has anyone had this experience or is currently going through something similar?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4804069_f260.jpg

2. Pente profile image83
    Penteposted 6 years ago

When I was about 15, this girl kissed and hugged me so hard that I felt a crack right in the middle of my chest. It ached and hurt for over a year. I never said anything about it because I didn't want to seem like a wimp at the time. I don't think anything was actually broke, but I still have no idea what happened.

3. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 6 years ago

I used to have a frequent, stabbing pain in the left chest directly below the collar bone. It was so bad at times that I couldn't see straight and it would take my breath away. When I asked my doctor about it, she suggested that since there were no other signs of bad health and my heart sounded fine, it may be stress-induced. I got out of a bad relationship, re-ordered my work life, learned a few relaxing breathing exercises, go for long walks, and got into pilates -- it's been about 2 1/2 years since the changes and the pains have almost completely gone away, and only return when I'm extremely upset or stressed. I don't know if the pains you're feeling are the same or not, but I used to have them repeatedly throughout the day and it had gone on for about four years before I finally asked a doctor.

4. cobrien profile image78
    cobrienposted 6 years ago

Yes. I was eventually diagnosed with gastroesophageal reflux.

working