jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Can we ever truly recover from our first love?

1. Jangaplanet profile image77
    Jangaplanetposted 7 years ago

Can we ever truly recover from our first love?

2. TinaTango profile image68
    TinaTangoposted 7 years ago

It's been 2 years since my first true love split from me....I still have yet to recover

3. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

I don't know.  My first real love was many many years ago, and when I think of that time, it still hurts a little bit that he left me.  I think we move on and hopefully learn something to take with us, but the loss of that first magical love, is a tough hill to climb.

4. Matt in Jax profile image69
    Matt in Jaxposted 7 years ago

I think it near impossible to "recover." I suppose my definition of recover in this sense is to completely forget about the person and to be completely "over them."
    I'll never forget my first love and maybe one day that feeling will come back.

5. soniafernandez profile image72
    soniafernandezposted 7 years ago

Depends on many things including how long the relationship lasted. A pinch, a memory, a smile in the heart thinking back to then will always remain.

6. ofeliaw profile image52
    ofeliawposted 7 years ago

I don't really think anyone truly gets over their first true love, they always seem to be in the back of your mind, residual feelings seem to linger. You might be in another wonderful relationship, you might be focusing on your career or you might be travelling the world or who knows what else... but there are days when they will cross your mind, maybe just randomly or because something reminded you of them, and you will remember the good and bad times you've shared, their face, words they said, things they loved, the way they looked at you... and you will think 'what if...' 'Where are they now?' and maybe even 'if only...'
    With other loves, people will usually look back and be glad or relieved that relationship is over, even if it was a good one, but they never haunt you as your first love does.
    Can you get back together one day? I've heard a number of stories about it happening through a combination of chance and different circumstances. Perhaps some people will say it's fate and that it is meant to be if that happens. You never know what's coming for you in life after all... so who knows.

7. Kartellmyst profile image59
    Kartellmystposted 7 years ago

One word. Never.
    I'm young...I dated someone special for 3 years...and stuck with him through thick and thin..now we aren't together..and I miss him everyday of my life...even though I see him every day...our souls aren't together anymore...hmm

Sounds corny but isn't.

8. 1lovejojo profile image57
    1lovejojoposted 7 years ago

My first love has stood me up so I don't would ever recover from that

9. sharing the sky profile image67
    sharing the skyposted 7 years ago

Insert Sheryl Crow's song here: "The First Cut is the Deepest".

I think recovery is dependent on a variety of factors that are unique to each person involved. I can understand and see that people may never forget or fully move on from their first love however, I've also seen people  progress forward to better and brighter circumstances in their lives. Either way, there is something to be said about the deep impression a person's "first love" leaves.

10. chamilj profile image60
    chamiljposted 7 years ago

Very sensitive question. It is really hard. It was 10 years ago & still can't recover.

working