jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do you alleviate your allergy symptoms?

1. RosalieTuomey profile image56
    RosalieTuomeyposted 6 years ago

How do you alleviate your allergy symptoms?

2. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

Claritin D works for me, my mother, and my boyfriend. We love the stuff and always have back ups at our homes.

3. profile image0
    CollBposted 6 years ago

Of all the allergy tablets I've taken over the years, I found Zirtek to be the best.

However I now take Bee Pollen and Bee Propolis tablets to alleviate my allergies which are 'all year round'.  I now don't sneeze much unless the pollen count is really high and the traffic pollution is bad.

I still have slightly itchy eyes but not as bad as before and my nose is less blocked.

4. ArtVandelay66 profile image90
    ArtVandelay66posted 6 years ago

I take Claritin everyday and try to keep indoor allergens out of my house and bedroom.  Simply buying special covers for your mattress and pillows can help a lot since we all spend a significant amount of time in our beds.  Vacuuming and dusting obviously help as well.

5. jeffwilks profile image61
    jeffwilksposted 6 years ago

My hay fever allergies used to be unbearable. I ended up in urgent care a few times and I tried all kinds of medications. At one time I was taking 2 nasal sprays, 2 inhalers, and eye drops (all prescription) on a daily basis during Aug - Oct, and I had a couple more prescriptions for the 'bad days'.

I've been getting allergy shots for a couple years now and they have been extremely helpful. Last fall I didn't have to take any medication at all!