jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is your preferred medicine/treatment for Spring allergies?

1. slappywalker profile image97
    slappywalkerposted 3 years ago

What is your preferred medicine/treatment for Spring allergies?

2. delaneyworld profile image78
    delaneyworldposted 3 years ago

I find Claritin to be the most effective medication for my allergies. It does not leave me foggy or tired and really helps with my seasonal allergies. I also swear by daily vitamins and a teaspoon of locally farmed honey. The theory is that locally farmed honey contains a lot of the local allergens and taking a teaspoon a day can help desensitize you to the allergens. It's all worked for me so far! Take care!

3. jaydawg808 profile image90
    jaydawg808posted 3 years ago

I've tried Allegra, Zyrtec, Claritin and Benadryl. I'd say that the ones that work the best for me is all but Claritin. Claritin doesn't help at all. It just gives me a big headache.

Allegra works great for me and helps throughout my day.

However, Zyrtec is used when I need to fall asleep or need something stronger. Benadryl is great, too, but it leaves me so groggy the next day.

4. artist101 profile image70
    artist101posted 3 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/9048070_f260.jpg

As the others have recommended alegra, benedryl, but that does nothing but treat the symptoms, not the cause. Among the most effective in natural health include QBC, and homeopathic drops. QBC, is quercitin, bromelain, and vitamin C, a great antihistamine substance. The drops are immunology, without the shot. You place drops under your tongue, for how ever long it takes, and it teaches your immune system to Quit reacting. Basically your immune system sees the offending allergen, as a pathogen, but in reality it is harmless. You can use them along with your chosen antihistamine. I used the mold and dust one for my allergies, and asthma. It took a while but it did lessen the response. It only took one bottle, very effective. By your allergies being in the spring, it is pollen. The only problem is there are nine million polens. By narrowing down the time when they act up the worst, say when you mow. Then it is grass pollen. Early spring is tree pollen, and so forth. Depending on the severity, allergy testing may be a form of action. The immunologist injects minute doses by needle, and waits for a skin reaction. If you are allergic, you will react. I knew what mine was, and took the appropriate drops. My insurance wouldn't cover the shots, and it is kinda inconvenient to make the trip to the doctors office once or twice a week. The drops are an easy way to achieve the same result. http://www.amazon.com/bioAllers-Allergy … B00008US2Q

working