jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (15 posts)

How many of you experience allergy symptoms in the fall? Whats your allergen?

1. violetheaven profile image60
    violetheavenposted 5 years ago

How many of you experience allergy symptoms in the fall?  Whats your allergen?

2. MarleneB profile image96
    MarleneBposted 5 years ago

I use to suffer with allergy symptoms severely every fall. Then, a few years ago, I started taking Grape Seed Extract and Goldenseal. I would take those for the months of June to December and now I don't suffer anymore. It could be coincidence or mind over matter. Whichever it is, I don't care, because it works - no more sniffling, sneezing, sore throat, or runny eyes.

violetheavenposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It'd be worth the time if I wasn't sensitive to goldenseal!  LOL

2. MarleneB profile image96
      MarleneBposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Oh, I feel your pain, violetheaven. I hope you are ale to find some comfort through other means. I hear that this year's allergy season is extra brutal.

3. gypsumgirl profile image86
    gypsumgirlposted 5 years ago

I certainly do.  It starts in August...ragweed...and continues into the fall.  Some years are worse than others.

this year is horrible for me.  I have had to go to the doctors for three upper respiratory infections stemming from allergies already... and my allergist is booked til January so I can't get shots.

4. SidKemp profile image95
    SidKempposted 5 years ago

I used to - very badly. In the Northeast, it was either Goldenrod or something that bloomed at the same time. Years of healthy living have reduced my hay fever allergies to the point where I don't notice if I even have them any more.

Healthy living?  Elaborate please?

5. Barbara Kay profile image91
    Barbara Kayposted 5 years ago

I have problems with mold. The leaves get wet and start decaying and then there is mold.

6. Shawnte87 profile image89
    Shawnte87posted 5 years ago

I experience allergy symptoms all year around as a matter of fact. I think my allergies are worse during the spring and summer months though, not so much in the fall. Aloe vera juice and probiotics have helped my allergies tremendously though.

7. B. A. Williams profile image72
    B. A. Williamsposted 5 years ago

I am allergic to the mold in the leaves and the ragweed.

8. teaches12345 profile image95
    teaches12345posted 5 years ago

Mine is mainly sinus related during the spring months; it doesn't last that long.  The pollen activates the irritation.  When I lived up north, it seems that my sinus problems were much more often and severe in the fall due to the smog.

9. Melindas Mind profile image70
    Melindas Mindposted 5 years ago

I have year round allergies. In the fall, it's whatever is seeding in my neighbors yard. Plus, the mandatory dust, mold, pet dander, perfume, car exhaust, and smoke allergies.

10. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Me and I have no clue. I know very little of my allergies. Bath lotions, perfume, candles, dust, cut grass, a few flowers, and a type of tree that really gets me out of the game.

11. fitmom profile image84
    fitmomposted 5 years ago

Ragweed gets me in the late summer/early fall. But, my allergies don't bother me as much anymore. Oddly, hormone balance plays a huge role in allergies. When your hormones are imbalanced, it causes inflammation. I wrote a hub about hormone balance and also about natural remedies for sinus congestion for when I do have sinus troubles starting. Check them out for some good ideas and happy sinuses.  smile Best ~ fitmom

working