jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Why do people eat a big meal at night?

1. simonpeter35 profile image59
    simonpeter35posted 7 years ago

Why do people eat a big meal at night?

Shouldn't they eat big meal in the morning? During the day we will be active, therefore all the food will burned into energy. If we eat a big meal at night it will turned into fat.

2. profile image0
    lavender3957posted 7 years ago

Most people eat a big meal at night so they are not awakened with hunger growls in the middle of the night. A big meal will help you to sleep but also will not burn fat.

3. keeponfalling profile image64
    keeponfallingposted 7 years ago

Speaking from experience, when I want to loose weight i don't eat during the day so when i get home especially in the evening i take a big snack smile

4. Tamila Roberts profile image35
    Tamila Robertsposted 7 years ago

It's the sad results of overworking and responsibilities. That's what happens when you too busy during daytime for watching out for your health.

5. TimMEy profile image82
    TimMEyposted 7 years ago

Well it also depends on the culture your are living in. Here in Argentina for example people eat big dinner at around 22.00. I guess one of the reason why they eat in the evening is because during the day it´s often quite hot and the people are not hungry then.

6. NathanielZhu profile image72
    NathanielZhuposted 7 years ago

I can't help it. At 2 am, I get really hungry. I get a plate of chicken, chips, noodles, etc and eat them while watching a movie while sitting on my bed.

It's really relaxing.

Btw. I weigh 113 and I'm 17.

7. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 7 years ago

historically wasn't it a time of social gathering and just ran the gamut to what it is today? Personally breakfast is my biggest meal. My last meal is a bag of popcorn, hmmmmmmmmmm - (smile)

8. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image96
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

Perhaps you should take into account that not everyone that walks the Earth has a problem with being overweight?  I, for one, perpetually fight with maintaining my weight, and if possible - gaining weight.  I'm not nearly as thin as I was when I was a younger man, but I still try to eat a large meal before going to sleep - because I'm sometimes painfully skinny.

9. larry1987 profile image51
    larry1987posted 7 years ago

i always like to eat a big meal at night for I have to work late all the day. After I finished my work, I will feel very hungry and eat a lot, until I feel full enough.

working