jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do you cope with someone who has brain trauma yet no longer seeks the help t

1. Becca Lopez profile image58
    Becca Lopezposted 6 years ago

How do you cope with someone who has brain trauma yet no longer seeks the help they need?

2. Inspiration88 profile image80
    Inspiration88posted 6 years ago

This is a very delicate question you ask. Talk to them. Explain them that you care for them and seeing them giving up hurts you. Try to motivate them, to inspire them. Do something unusual for them - take them somewhere interesting, for example. Make a party / gathering in their honor with nice decoration. Show them your affection, if words reach a barrier.

3. Becca Lopez profile image58
    Becca Lopezposted 6 years ago

Thanks. I have tried a lot of that, and I even took a bold step and asked him to get more help. He never said anything and never went back.

4. lambservant profile image94
    lambservantposted 6 years ago

Wow that is a hard one. pray for this dear one of yours and ask God to change his heart and be willing to get help. Tell him you love him too much to sit back and watch him  suffer. Tell him you suffer terribly because of watching him suffer. Depending on your relationship to him and whether you are living in the same house, you may have to draw a hard line, kind of like an intervention. I will be praying for your situation. Also, if you are having trouble coping as you said, it would be a very very good idea for you to get help also. A good counselor could help there and perhaps give you some guidance as well as to how to help your loved one.

working