If you think you're fat, why do you want to lose weight?

1. rob_allen profile image83
    rob_allenposted 6 years ago

If you think you're fat, why do you want to lose weight?

2. Porshadoxus profile image76
    Porshadoxusposted 6 years ago

I've been 10-15 over ideal for 15 years; seems like a way of life by now. I've started bike riding and feel healthier all around. Haven't seen any pounds come off yet, but I'm not giving up.

3. FitnessTom profile image60
    FitnessTomposted 6 years ago

I think most people view being fat as a cosmetic trait.

I often feel the need to remind people that it is not.

Overweight is a huge signal that your body is not functioning properly. Many people experience slow weight gain over the years, not loss. This is not how your body is supposed to work.

The healthy way is for your body to maintain its own natural weight throughout your life.

Why doesn't it do this? Most likely due to excess carbs and processed food. For example: buying a whole grain low calorie bread that contains high fructose corn syrup in it, is almost 30 times more fattening than unprocessed regular fat white bread.

Often people are thinking that their body just can't lose the extra weight, when it easily can. Others might say "oh well I like eating this food and I am ok with my appearance".

But.. have their considered that the foods they are eating is just as addicting as narcotics? Except the withdrawal and time it takes to reverse this addiction is much less.

Once you get on the right eating plan, by knowing which foods to avoid and which to eat, you will never crave the bad foods again.

Being overweight is not a cosmetic choice, it is a health decision. And it is not as simple as, your choices will effect you later in life, because the foods you eat affect you every day. You don't put the wrong oil into your car because it might break down, not 100,000 miles later, but much sooner. Your body works the same way.

working