jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Fasting- For it or Against it?

1. Faeriephenomenon profile image59
    Faeriephenomenonposted 6 years ago

Fasting- For it or Against it?

It kind of annoys me when people are so against fasting when they really know nothing about it. What are your thoughts on fasting?

2. RodEccles profile image75
    RodEcclesposted 6 years ago

Fasting, as in not eating for a period of time, is actually been proven to be good for the body for most people.  It allows your body to cleanse and heal.  Its a good idea to do it monthly for a day and maybe even semi-annually for a 3 to 5 day stretch.  I have known a few people who did a 30 day fast and the change in their health, skin, eyes and bodily functions were all very positive but that is something one needs medical supervision for.  We all "fast" over night when we sleep that is why the morning meal is called a BREAK-FAST.

3. drumweaver profile image80
    drumweaverposted 6 years ago

personally, because my body is quite sensitive, i can't really do a traditional type fast because i find it too harsh and hard to do or get through... where i experienced many weirdo side effects and unpleasantness... like running to the bathroom waaay to much, etc..

this past year i finally found a whole body cellular type cleanse that worked quite well for me where i experienced some very nice result.. some significant weight loss and regained energy, etc... what the difference was, was that it cleansed and replenished me with micro-nutrients at the same time whereby i didn't experience the nasties i mentioned above.. a lot more gentle on my bod for sure...

so, i would recommend to anyone, to actually consult their doctor or health practitioner before beginning any fast or cleanse to ask them to monitor you... just to be sure you're not hurting yourself... 

hope that helps... weaver (((o)))

4. Darknlovely3436 profile image82
    Darknlovely3436posted 5 years ago

Fasting.. it depends. as long as it doesn't make me sick.. i see no problem fasting.