jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you get more satisfaction out of 'doing' or 'being' ?

1. L.I.N.C profile image58
    L.I.N.Cposted 6 years ago

Do you get more satisfaction out of 'doing' or 'being' ?

2. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 6 years ago

Personally, I get more satisfaction from being...but it seems that in our crazy and hectic world, there's so much that needs doing that we never get a chance to just be.  I think it's so important sometimes to set the world aside and allow yourself just to be.  Get to know yourself in the silence and solitude that can be found in stopping every now and again, and you can find out what a beautiful human BEING you actually are.

smile  Great queston.

3. Ayaz.H.Sario profile image61
    Ayaz.H.Sarioposted 6 years ago

I agree to Motown2, this is a great question.

Personally I believe that taking some time out for yourself, relaxing and finding your inner-self is very good but this relaxing and leisure time is only satisfying after an accomplishment.

As a human we never can be satisfied without the feeling of achievement -- a feeling that we have also contributed something.

4. akuigla profile image60
    akuiglaposted 6 years ago

Good question.
    At this stage of my life,I enjoy more "being".

5. profile image0
    rorshak sobchakposted 6 years ago

I would say doing is more satisfying for me personally. A lot of people can be. It seems harder to do the right thing sometimes.

rorshak sobchak

6. spotlight19 profile image54
    spotlight19posted 6 years ago

I personally get more satisfaction by doing because thrue that I can learn new things and feel proud of myself.

7. Temirah profile image82
    Temirahposted 6 years ago

This is a good question. 
    So many of us seem to rush-about being human-doings that it's nice to balance things out by being human-beings too.
    I think there's satisfaction in both being and doing. 'Or' is a bore!