jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Does anyone know a good non perscription medicine for ADD?

1. justamber profile image61
    justamberposted 6 years ago

Does anyone know a good non perscription medicine for ADD?

It's for an 8 year old. Herbal, Holistic, all natural... I don't really know the difference. smile

2. profile image63
    Josh and Lindseyposted 6 years ago

As a teacher who has many students with ADD, I don't know of any non-prescription medicines for ADD, but I do know some doctors supplement with melatonin, which is what helps make us sleepy.  Apparently a small dose can help calm hyperactive kids, and a slightly bigger dose at bed can help them sleep better.  I'd do more research into this before trying it, as I only know of one kid whose doctor suggested this, but it might be worth looking into because it did help.  The main non-prescription treatments, though, are going to need to be routine and consistency.

3. profile image0
    SilverGenesposted 6 years ago

For what it's worth, diet made the biggest difference for my child. The pediatrician recommended that we remove all foods with additives, artificial colors, and preservatives and the difference was incredible. Another thing you may want to look at is a diet rich in magnesium or seek out magnesium supplements made especially for children. It is very calming.

4. Sterling Carter profile image74
    Sterling Carterposted 6 years ago

You may want to Check out glyconutrients...they are not a medicine by any means. But I do know that they can be beneficial in helping with many things.

Glyconutrients are uses by each and every cell for communication. This is what cells must use to each other.  Our livers make some of the glyconutrients but they are lacking in our diet due to green harvesting.  There are actually little pumps in the digestive system that are there to extract these sugars as out food is broken down..

They are real, "not synthetic"  they are safe for any person and they are a food supplement.

There is another product that has been getting great reviews. They are called Phytoburst. They are rich in plant based vitamins and minerals..

These two tings are not medicines they are real food technologies. The belief is that if you have healthy cells they will build healthy tissues, organs and systems... It makes sense when you think about it.  Just give the fuel it needs to perform optimally.

To learn more about Phytoburst simply go to this site www.mymannapages.com/childrenshealth There is a short video there that you can watch...

5. Julip Manor profile image66
    Julip Manorposted 6 years ago

There are many supplements that are available and propose to help ADD/ADHD on the market.  A friend of mine uses the Focus Factor

6. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

My granddaughter, now almost 7, became a completely different child once her mother removed all RED 40 and Sodium Benzoate from her diet. It is present in so many food.  RED 40 is even present in Cream Cheese Frosting!

She was angry, aggressive, hyper all for no reason.  My daughter started reading up on diet and changed it and my g'daughter is completely better now.  Amazing and I never would have believed it if I had not seen it first hand.

7. BlissfulWriter profile image67
    BlissfulWriterposted 6 years ago

Essential fatty acid like omega-3 is essential for good brain health.  Consider taking omega-3 supplements on a daily basis.  Fish like salmon and sardines are also good source of omega-3 fatty acids.

8. artist101 profile image69
    artist101posted 5 years ago

Dr. Mary Ann Block runs a clinic for these children. She suggests DHA for the treatment of adhd, and add. She has a line of natural products and her book is available through amazon.com. "no more adhd". I have added it to my favorites, widget in my website. I hope this helps.

1. artist101 profile image69
      artist101posted 5 years agoin reply to this

my hub is http://artist101.hubpages.com/hub/How-t … -naturally sorry. I have also added a video from you tube, when she was on dr beckers show. Which was the first time I had ever heard of her. It can be a very complex condition.