jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How can you be menopausal and get a good night's sleep?

1. MazioCreate profile image73
    MazioCreateposted 6 years ago

How can you be menopausal and get a good night's sleep?

SLEEP! Have got to get some before sanity totally leaves me. Does anyone have some techniques, tea or anything (barring narcotics) to keep me in a good REM cycle?

2. Corin profile image58
    Corinposted 6 years ago

Massage your temples, forehead and solar plexus before going to bed with the following preparation: 50 drops of ylang ylang essential in 1/2 cup carrier oil. Ylang ylang has sedative and relaxing properties.

3. penlady profile image61
    penladyposted 6 years ago

Try Estroven PM.  These over the counter pills stop night sweats, which can wake you up.  Also, cut off the caffeine by a certain time, say maybe 7 o'clock.

4. artist101 profile image67
    artist101posted 5 years ago

I wrote an article on it http://artist101.hubpages.com/hub/menap … -meltdown. I prefer melatonin 5-10mg at bedtime. Sage tea 1 teaspoon in 1 cup of hot water. Sage is a natural sedative. Available in the spice section of any grocery store. Dependant upon the severity there is a wealth of other information within my hub. I have included where to get Dr. Beckers supplements, and his book. He is a wonderful doctor, who is devoted to natural cures, having survived hodgkins lymphoma. I know that you will be feeling better, after a good night sleep. Melatonin is available just about everywhere. Some good brands are nature made, natrol, and sundown. I hope this helps

working