jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Should we share our personal experience

1. winphatak profile image60
    winphatakposted 6 years ago

Should we share our personal experience

while writing about topics like near-death-experience, surviving a terror attack?

2. JEDIJESSICUH profile image81
    JEDIJESSICUHposted 6 years ago

I share my personal experiences when I write about certain topics because not doing so feels so impersonal to me.

3. Spiritual Growth profile image79
    Spiritual Growthposted 6 years ago

Hello winphatak,

Thank you for asking the question. The only person who can really answer this is the writer. Are they willing to share their inner most self and be totally authentic? I think that would depend on where they are in their own journey.

A different way to answer this question is that I would imagine all writing is personal, as you are writing from your point of view, which is the sum total of all your experiences and life choices to date.

For me, I am as authentic as I am courageous. This means that some subjects I can easily write about and share, and others are more difficult for me. It is all about keeping myself safe and sharing what I feel able to.

I hope this helps?

Love and blessings,

Caroline

4. winphatak profile image60
    winphatakposted 6 years ago

Thanks. Your guidance helps.  I intend to share in a way it helps others in any way.   Win

5. Rastamermaid profile image74
    Rastamermaidposted 6 years ago

If sharing can help just one person make it through a tough patch,it's more than worth it.

It may not be the answer to their problem but it may give them insight to a solution.

working