jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Swollen gums... home remedy anyone.

1. arksys profile image91
    arksysposted 6 years ago

Swollen gums... home remedy anyone.

I think my cap/crown on top of my root canal slipped or something... had a bit of nerve pain and swelling in the gum area around it... the nerve pain is almost gone now ... anyone know a good home remedy to reduce the swelling?

2. lotuslove19 profile image68
    lotuslove19posted 6 years ago

To reduce gum swelling have a glass of water with lime juice,as vitamin C helps to cure scurvy or swollen gums .Gargle with a glass of water with alum added to it .It works wonder .Try getting dabur's red powder and rub it on your gums ,let the saliva flow,it helps to control and cure the swollen gums.

3. profile image0
    eveowlposted 6 years ago

Add some natural sea salt to half a cup of lukewarm water, wait for the salt to dissolve then do a mouth wash. Spitting the water from your mouth continue to do this a few times without rinsing.

4. arksys profile image91
    arksysposted 6 years ago

thanks guys ... will try everything you mentioned and will let you know what worked best... thanks again.

5. patientcarecenter profile image57
    patientcarecenterposted 6 years ago

add salt to half cup of Luke water and and few drops of lemon and wash your mouth thoruoughly

6. artist101 profile image70
    artist101posted 5 years ago

I just recently wrote an article on mouth care. Suprisingly while researching a different subject ran accross essential oils as being very effective for oral care, through medline plus.http://artist101.hubpages.com/hub/Essential-oils-and-supplements-for-Gingivitis-and-plaque. Among the essential oils studied and proven was grapefruit seed extract,(always dilute, very strong) and co q 10 taken orally, and rubbed on the gums(co Q 10), helps with healing. As the others have stated salt water is very healing, also. I feel for you, Ive had teeth, and gum issues often.