jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

If someone phoned you to say goodbye because they are going to die soon how woul

1. marymootoo profile image76
    marymootooposted 6 years ago

If someone phoned you to say goodbye because they are going to die soon how would you react?

I had a friend who phoned me and said this. It still stays with me after many years I know what I said wasn't right, I did not know what to say.

2. RNMSN profile image90
    RNMSNposted 6 years ago

no matter what this is not an easy thig to hear or to answer. I heard it from my Dad, all he said was, you better come up if you can. I knew then.
    I was lucky, I was at a spot in time where I could go to him and mom and stay for the next 14 days.
    But that last night, the hospice nurse was there but I left and went with my sister to her house. I wish we had stayed,but we are glad we had those days with him and could talk face to face. Its bad when its someone far away that you cant get to. Dont feel bad though, whatever you said doesnt matter, its the feeling you showed even on the phone that your friend needed and recieved from you!

3. NiaLee profile image60
    NiaLeeposted 6 years ago

I really don't know. I know nthat depending on the person, their personal history and our relationship my reaction would be different. I would definitely try to do my best toward that person...though I know that even with the best will, emotions may run high...crying is a possibility, saying I love you a certainty.

4. Silent Sinner profile image72
    Silent Sinnerposted 6 years ago

What ever you said i assure you it had to have been fine. To be in a situation like that and say anything is an accomplishment. I myself would have probably frozen. When I am put on "the spot" like that I freeze . It's scary for me to even think about something like that. You were brave to even reply. you have more balls than me .Kudos.
    Atleast you know you mant alot to them.

5. marymootoo profile image76
    marymootooposted 6 years ago

Thank you for your answers, they were all comforting.

working