jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

If you could learn the exact date, time, and way you were going to die, would yo

1. Obsidian Drift profile image79
    Obsidian Driftposted 6 years ago

If you could learn the exact date, time, and way you were going to die, would you want to know?

I have always been fascinated by the concept of mortality. We are born with one life to live. I wonder if we knew when our time was coming, would it change the way we live? The decisions we make? How we spend out precious time?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5477380_f260.jpg

2. jimmythejock profile image87
    jimmythejockposted 6 years ago

no, I want to live my life to the fullest. if i knew when i was going to die I would spend the rest of my days curled up in a corner crying about it.....jimmy

3. Bretsuki profile image80
    Bretsukiposted 6 years ago

My Great Grandfather knew exactly the date, time, and how he would die.

A Judge told him.

Sorry couldn't resist that old joke.

Personally I want it to be a surprise. I think most people would be paralysed by such knowledge.

4. Ania L profile image84
    Ania Lposted 6 years ago

I prefer to believe that my future is unpredictable and may change at any time so my date of death cannot be defined either.
    Otherwise I would be devastated that my whole life is set - what would be the point of living knowing that everything was pre-planned already!

5. profile image0
    Indigitalposted 6 years ago

"Way I was going to die" - Simple. I'd watch out for that car.

Seriously though, if I knew how I was going to die, I'd ask my Doctor how to survive it, or an adventurer, or whomever may have the correct knowledge and understanding of my death experience. After-which I would keep track of my life, then when the occasion arises I'll be comforted in knowing I won't be at the place I will die, or I will have the correct medicine to stop the death.

Assuming I'm disallowed to stop the death, I'd obviously try to cram in as much as possible, assuming I live under the average age in UK (85) - if I live over however, I'd just resume day-to-day business with the understanding I still have a good 70 years left in me.

6. nabeelplus profile image61
    nabeelplusposted 6 years ago

No i don't want to know, i want enjoy every moment of my life without any fear.

7. jagged81 profile image82
    jagged81posted 6 years ago

Yes, and then flash that Men in Black memory eraser in front of my face!!

8. Jarn profile image72
    Jarnposted 6 years ago

Yeah. I'd love to know. It means I'd be immortal up to that point and could do pretty much anything I pleased without fear of ending up dead. Also, when the time came, I would have the opportunity to take out a few hundred thousand dollars in loans, max out my credit cards, and go out with a good bottle of scotch in my belly.

working